Topics to be discussed:
- What are the perspectives for shipping in the years of Trump?
- The Technology Revolution and Shipping Operations. Can the Maritime Industry adapt?
- Are the trade patterns changing and does shipping need reorientation?
- What are our perceptions on the changing structure and new model of shipping?
- The partnership options with charterers /industrials
- Is shipping finally an open or closed business for outsiders?
- Does the Greek ship owning community need to enter in the new world of technology?
- Are there benefits to shipping companies who embrace novel technologies?
- With LNG bunkering quickly spreading around the world should it be the only alternative fuel the Maritime Industry uses?
- How profitable can an environmental focus be?
- The world of Digitalization - How outreaching and practical are the applications in the shipping industry?
- What are the Shipping trends and Innovations
- Shipowners and new technology; Google and Apple ships and blockchain?
• George Tsavliris
Principal, Tsavliris Salvage Group
• Giorgos Stathakis
Minister of Environment and Energy, Greece
Geopolitics - the multipolar world in turbulence
• Dr. Thanos P. Dokos
Director General, ELIAMEP
• Khamis Juma Buamim
Chairman, Dubai council for marine & maritime industries UAE
• Miltiadis Varvitsiotis
Member of the Parliamentand Former Minister of Shipping
• Prof Yannis Maniatis
Former Minister of Energy and Member of the Parliament
World Economy, Trade and Finance
• Guy Verberne
Chief Economist, PGGM Investments
Discussion between speakers, discussion panelists and audience